In collaboration with the French Ambassy in Bahrain, l'Ecole d'Avignon hosted a delegation from the Ministry of C
This delegation was travelling in the context of a filing procedure for a Bahraini site to the Unesco's World Heritage. This site is located on the island of Muharraq. It posses a material and immaterial heritage surrounding cultured pearl and its exploitation. This heritage is the object of the filing procedure. The project is named : "The Pearling pathway".
More specifically, this delegation was travelling through Provence in order to meet our structure and work on a cooperation project in the matter of building heritage rehabilitation in Muharraq (technical assistance and training course).
During these 4 days, l'Ecole d'Avignon was able to show its technical competencies through the example of training building site and expertise work.
L'Ecole d'Avignon also provided a heritage site visit program, and meetings with regional actors of heritage saving.
We will quote by way of illustration :
- the savec area in Avignon (House of Heritage)
- The Popes Palace in Avignon (General conservation)
- Arles and its Roman and antique heritage (City of Arles, and direction of Heritage)
- the Laboratory of Studies and Research on Materials in Arles
- the Culture and Heritage Industries Cluster in Arles
- the Pont du Gard (general direction)
- the arena of Nîmes (general direction)
This program has been conceive as a tool to help in filing process held by the Bahraini delegation. The objective was to show a sample of gestion models, protection and development of Heritage in France.